Okay, so when it comes to drying hair, I take it seriously. I've got naturally fine, curly, frizzy hair and it's pretty wild if left to its own devices. A good blow dry can make the difference between sleek smooth locks or cave girl levels of frizz. For years I’d been loyal to my Mark Hill Zebra hair dryer but after it starting completely over heating ( we’re talking scalp burning hot!) I grew concerned over how much damage that must be doing to my hair and decided it was time to take the plunge and look elsewhere.
GHD is another brand I’m pretty loyal to. I’ve always purchased their straighteners and I’ve never had any complaints so they seemed the obvious choice for a hair dryer too. Plus, how pretty is this GHD AIR dryer? I love the electric pink accents and it was nice to know that GHD donate £10 to Breast Cancer Now for every dryer they sell. It is on the slightly more pricey side of things but after having a good long read of some reviews I decided that this was the one and I was lucky enough to receive it as a birthday gift.
The dryer comes with two concentrator nozzles, so you can pick your favourite and a matching pink dust bag to carry it round in. How cute? I’ve been using the smaller nozzle as I feel like this helps dry my hair smoother than the larger one. I’m also really impressed how quickly this dries my hair. It’s super powerful and there’s a good range of heat settings to suit different hair types. I'm trying to keep mine on the cooler settings at the moment, just to give my hair a break from the massive heat does it received from my last dryer. Even on the cooler settings I'm still really happy with the overall look of my blow dry. The dryer is also super light which helps make using it even more of a breeze.
The one criticism I would have is that it's quite difficult to get the nozzles off to change between the two. I'm not sure if this is just my dryer or whether it will ease up with time but it's pretty much a gym workout separating the two.!
No comments:
Post a Comment