Thursday, August 29

Pixi glow tonic : review


I'm sure by now most of you will have heard of the infamous pixi glow tonic, whether it be from your favourite blogger or Caroline Hirons hailing it as a P50 dupe. After reading so much hype around this product I finally caved in and tried it for myself.

I'll start by saying that it was a nightmare to get hold of, you can only purchase it from the Carnaby street store so you either have to risk hoping they will have it in stock and pop by in person, or call or email the store to make a telephone order. I eventually ordered mine over the phone after sending my poor boyfriend ( might as well make use of him ditching me for a business trip to London!) to the store only to find out it was out of stock! I think it's also worth mentioning that you have to buy two if you order over the phone and the postage is £3.50 ( I think ).

At first I was a little worried that I had ordered two bottles of something that I wasn't sure would do anything for my skin but it was love at first use. The tonic is an alcohol and oil free toner, with no added fragrance or colours and the packaging is just as fuss free. It comes exactly how it is shown in the pictures above, no box no nothing, and it almost feels homemade in that the label looks like something I could do with my very limited computer skills. 

The product however is lovely. I've been using it at evenings, mainly because it is an exfoliating toner and I know I won't be going out in the sun at night and it is less likely to leave my skin susceptible to sun damage. It contains witch hazel to smooth and soften and glycolic to help loosen dead skin cells. I find it to be a lovely, refreshing toner and not at all drying despite it's exfoliating properties. My skin feels so much brighter and less congested and I have also noticed break outs have become less frequent.I mentioned in my last post that I had cut out all types of manual exfoliation and so far I have found that when using this my skin hasn't even missed it. I think it will take me a good few months to get through both bottles but when I do I will definitely be repurchasing

Have you tried glow tonic? what is your favourite toner?
Glow can costs £16 and can be ordered by phone or email : 0207 287 7211 or email storemanager@pixibeauty.com 

4 comments:

  1. The packaging is pretty ina completely none conventional way.
    Its super cute.

    I've heard a lot of good things, I may have to give it a go.

    Kelly || DayDreamsDaisyChains.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this wasn't so hard to get hold of! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until I saw your pic of this on insta I haven't heard of it :/ oops. It does sounds great & I like the fact that it is alcohol free.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checkin out my blog :) Great blog post!

    lanalovesxxblog

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.