Thursday, April 18

OCC Lip Tars



Hi everyone!
Today I would like to introduce you to Queen and Grandma! 
Last week when my boyfriend said we had to go to the mail depot to pick something up the last thing I was expecting was a selfridges parcel containing these two babies.
I had recently been reading a lot of hype about these products on various blogs and I really wanted to try them for myself. There are a whopping 36 weird and wonderful shades to choose from but  the colours he chose were Grandma, a beautiful corally colour and Queen, a bright vivid pink. 
Of course I had heard how incredibly pigmented these products were but nothing prepared me for how fully opaque this applies with such little product ( less is definitely more). The formula smells of mint and is very smooth and dries really quick to a semi matte finish and I didn't find them drying at all. I also liked that they came with a nice little brush so they are really easy to apply, however to get a super crisp line you might want to use a lip liner. I also found these to be ridiculously long lasting and lasted around 7 or so hours before I wanted to touch up.
However as much as I like these products I intend to save them for the evening as they are so bright and bold and a little bit OTT for daytime
Have you tried a lip tar?

39 comments:

  1. I was so tempted by these when I was last in selfridges! I love 'Grandma' such a gorgeous Coral. Even more tempted now by these and other products you have reviewed xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so lovely aren't they!definitely get some ahah xx

      Delete
  2. These are such gorgeous colours! I've never heard of the brand before until now!
    Now following (:
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of them until recently either! Aw thank you so much <3 xx

      Delete
  3. I have read so many good reviews on these products and I really want a few wacky shades to add to my kit when I do high fashion/editorial makeup shoots!!

    I love your blog and I'm now following xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey soph! Thank you so much :) are you a make up artist then?xx

      Delete
  4. Well, they look mesmerizing! I neeeeed them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely do :p everyone should have one haha xx

      Delete
  5. Wow they're such vibrant, gorgeous colours!

    Kathryn x

    Enclosedbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tried a lip tar! It really annoys me how quickly most of my lipsticks budge and fade throughout the day so this would be perfect for me! I love Queen.. Really want to try these out! Also, how nice is your boyfriend for getting you these!!

    Lovely post as always! :)

    Lots of Love Megan xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a cutie haha trained him well ;)
      Yeah they're really good If you're after a really long lasting product xxxxx

      Delete
  7. Great review! I just got Grandma and I think it will be a perfect shade for summer. Queen is on my wishlist too! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Can't wait til it's sunny enough to wear it all the time :D xx

      Delete
  8. The Grandma colour is so pretty, it's such a perfect summer colour.
    Your blog is great too - I'm going back to check out past posts now.
    Lots of love from New Zealand,
    Samantha
    NovellaPlace.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. AMAZING!!!!!! :)
    Would you like to follow each other?! Let me know!! :)

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/
    https://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to buy Queen!! I tried the lip tar on in Sephora the other week and I was shocked at how pigmented they are!! I felt like it would stain my skin just by looking at it! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe how pigmented they were either!never seen anything like it haha xx

      Delete
  11. Oooo I like queen & how sweet of your boyfriend to buy them for you! Now that's love :)
    maybeitsmeganleigh.blogspot.co.uk
    Megan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha yep I've trained him well!;) xx

      Delete
  12. wow these look so amazing! I love the colours of them especially Queen, that is right up street! Fabulous post lovely. I bet these will be perfect for spring/summer xx

    Danielle

    Miss Sunshine & Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I think they'll be great for hot weather :D xx

      Delete
  13. Ooh lucky you, these are lovely shades! I'd love to see them on? :)


    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of these. Love when I find a new brand through a blogger :)
    These look amazing, I want! I want! hehe xx

    glamglitzgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely invest! Haha yeah thanks to reading blogs my product wish list is about 8393849403 items long haha cx

      Delete
  15. LOVE the 'Queen' shade - looks amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been eyeing this up on cutecosmetics.co.uk whilst seeing if lime crime velvetines were coming in stock...now I don't know which ones to buy!
    SarahSickHearts.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try some lime crime stuff too arghhhh, ip dip doo maybe?! Or be a rebel and buy both ahhaha xxx

      Delete
  17. Ah these look fantastic & so pigmented. :D

    Bet they look stunning on for an evening out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're ridiculously pigmented! I'm definitely saving them for evenings though yeah :) xx

      Delete
  18. Never seen these these before but they look just like colours id wear xx

    http://lhdc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really nice colours aren't they :) not for the faint hearted though!xx

      Delete
  19. the queen color looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw how cute of your boyfriend. Wish mine would pay attention like this haha!
    They both look so nice I really want to try them!
    Thanks for visiting my blog btw :) xx

    Rachael - beautypea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's not bad ahhah. I probably just witter on to him so much he has nightmares about make up!!
      You're welcome :) you're blog is lovely, really enjoyed reading through your posts!xx

      Delete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.