Saturday was a day spent running errands and catching up on all the things I should've been doing the last few weeks if I wasn't busy binge watching Elf surrounded by tins of Quality Street. Of course errand running makes for hungry work and it wasn't long before we found ourselves hiding from the rain and totally falling off the healthy eating wagon. I'm never one to turn down a slice of pizza at the best of times and on a cold, rainy Saturday afternoon a slice of gooey, cheesy, carby goodness was just what I needed.
Naturally I ordered an 'Americana' with house barbecue sauce. Maybe not the most adventurous choice but I don't think you can ever really go wrong with classic pepperoni- always a crowd pleaser. Guy opted for goats cheese and caramelised onions which he assured me was delicious. Washed down with a couple of cold beers we were refreshed and refuelled and ready to head back out.
After our quick lunch pit stop we headed off for a quick mooch around the shops. As it turns out I was down to the very last drop of my moisturiser so of course we had to make a detour to the John Lewis beauty hall.
Once we'd managed to grab all the essentials we headed home for a cosy evening of wine and television.
Although I've not had the most exciting weekend I always think it feels so nice to be productive. Tomorrow we're planning to head to the gym early ( New Year's Resolutions and all that) and find a nice quiet country pub for a roast dinner. Definitely can't beat a lazy Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment