I've had my eye on a Bobbi Brown shimmer brick for a while now but never quite worked up the courage to drop £33 on one! After a recent perusal of the stands in Boots I decided that I'd give Revlon's version a whirl.
I used to actually have one of these bricks back in high school. I can't remember the brand now but it was overly shimmery and the colours kind of muddied together to make a less than flattering terracotta shade. Fast forward a good few years and I'd like to think I'm making better make up choices!
I'm naturally a big fan of highlighters and anything that promises a rosy glow has my name all over it. It's so lovely to find something where the chunks of glitter aren't huge and the product genuinely provides you with a subtle glow. Having said that- there is obvious shimmer in three out of five shades so if you're not partial to a lil shimmer then this probably isn't for you.
The colour pay off is also pretty good and gives cheeks a kind of I've just popped out in the snow look and works out a really soft pale pink on the skin. It also works really well as a highlight under your regular blush too for an extra bit of luminosity which is something my skin could definitely do with post Christmas.
For £8.99 I think this a lovely budget version of the BB shimmer bricks and I've got my eye on the bronzier shade for next time!
I have this exact shimmer brick- I'm exactly like you, I couldn't quite justify spending £33 on the Bobbi Brown versions, especially now that there are so many drugstore dupes! Revlon has done so well, this is such a lovely product!
ReplyDeleteKatya | The Beauty Harbour
Yep! Drugstore brands have really upped their game recently!!
DeleteThis looks really lovely. Might have to try this out! :)
ReplyDeletexx
sophies-edit.blogspot.co.uk
I love the colours on this brick! I really like Seventeen for a dupe on the Shimmer Brick too! :)
ReplyDeletehaveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogdpot.co.uk
ooh I've not seen the seventeen one! I'll have to keep an eye out for it x
Delete