This weekend was actually a pretty lazy one. We did have plans but the weather seemed to have other ideas. I'd envisaged a weekend of long autumnal walks, strolling round lakes in cool crisp weather. Instead we were met with torrential rain and any hopes of some outdoors time were dashed.
We decided to pop in to Malmaison and treat ourselves to their all day brunch. We've been a couple of times before and loved it. It's kind of all you can eat buffet style with a more sophisticated twist. You start with soup of the day and unlimited houers 'deourves from the Chef's table and you can help yourself to things like smoked salmon, muscles and prawns, as well as charcucterie meats, cheeses and salads. It's hard not to go overboard here as there's just so much choice and it is hard to show restraint when faced with a table with an unlimited supply of brie.
For my main I opted for a brunch classic - Eggs Benedict. I really don't think you can beat a perfectly soft poached egg and crispy bacon. Guy opted for the burger which he said tasted as good as it looked. I did sneak a few of his chips and they were both salty and delicious.
Of course no mammoth brunch is complete without dessert. We ordered the sticky toffee pudding and bourbon sundae. Sticky toffee is my absolute favourite at this time of year. It's just so warm and hearty and you really can't beat lashings of caramel sauce mmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment