Seventeen isn't a brand I usually pay much attention to but with a whole host of new products I've seen them being mentioned on several of my favourite blogs.
It was actually the girls at Stylingo that influenced this purchase, and priced at just £5.99 I thought it would be silly not to give it a try. Designed to be used as a primer, added to cheek and brow bones or mixed in with your foundation for a bit of an extra glow this highlighter actually reminded me of a slightly more pink version of benefits high beam. Being pearlescent the highlighter gives the most gorgeous sheen to the high points of your face but is subtle enough to look really natural, although if you have quite warm toned skin it probably isn't for you. I tried to get a photograph showing the product blended out, like you would actually wear it on your skin but it's just so subtle that it was really hard to photograph. I did find I had to work with it quite quickly as it can be fast drying and it does take a bit of blending (despite being a very light texture and quite runny ) but it does look great if you're willing to put a little bit of effort in. I also love how it is glitter free and comes with a pump (yay!). I continually repurchase benefit's highlighters but I've never really liked that they come with a brush and I find having a pump is so much easier to control the amount you dispense and use etc.
It was actually the girls at Stylingo that influenced this purchase, and priced at just £5.99 I thought it would be silly not to give it a try. Designed to be used as a primer, added to cheek and brow bones or mixed in with your foundation for a bit of an extra glow this highlighter actually reminded me of a slightly more pink version of benefits high beam. Being pearlescent the highlighter gives the most gorgeous sheen to the high points of your face but is subtle enough to look really natural, although if you have quite warm toned skin it probably isn't for you. I tried to get a photograph showing the product blended out, like you would actually wear it on your skin but it's just so subtle that it was really hard to photograph. I did find I had to work with it quite quickly as it can be fast drying and it does take a bit of blending (despite being a very light texture and quite runny ) but it does look great if you're willing to put a little bit of effort in. I also love how it is glitter free and comes with a pump (yay!). I continually repurchase benefit's highlighters but I've never really liked that they come with a brush and I find having a pump is so much easier to control the amount you dispense and use etc.
As for its priming properties, I can't really comment on those as I don't intend to use it for that reason.
For the money this is a great budget highlighter and would definitely suit someone who's new to highlighting. If you have any highlighter reviews or recommendations feel free to post the links below.
Great review - since I'm not very good at highlighting I might give this a go since it seems so easy to get right :o). Xx
ReplyDeletehttp://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk
Always on the look out for a Benefit dupe and this one sounds amazing xx
ReplyDeleteCharlotte| LongHairDontCare
I'm attracted to any make up that adds shimmer but I never end up using them!
ReplyDeleteMegan x | MeganRoisinn
I almost bought this when Seventeen had their 3 for £10 & I opted for their CC Cream instead. This looks pretty & I wished I'd bought it now. Might have to head back and get it anyway
ReplyDeletehttp://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk
I have never heard of this brand.. but this looks and sounds really good :)
ReplyDeletehttp://lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com/
xx
Oh wow this looks like such a fab budget buy! I love highlighters so this is right up my street xx
ReplyDeleteGemma | Miss Makeup Magpie
This looks like an amazing budget buy. Hello Boots! xxx
ReplyDelete