I'm usually a boot girl through and through and for me, trainers are a shoe that until recently were confined to the gym. I've never really liked trainers and I've always thought they never really suited my style. I think the last time I actually bought trainers for every day wear was when I was 13 and used to wear sketchers with camo pants and t-shirts saying things like 'groovy chick'. But recently I've noticed them popping up all over my Pinterest feed in various colours and styles and I couldn't help but take note - if they're good enough for Gigi right?
Now, being a trainer newbie it took me an absolute age ( and several returns, sorry ASOS) to finally find the ones for me. I initially opted for some Stan Smiths. I've seen several fashion bloggers make these look seriously cool when paired with a trench and ripped jeans but alas I am no fashion blogger and I didn't look quite so cool.
In the end after hours of browsing Pinterest and the like I decided to order some all white Superstars. I went for all white because I wear a lot of dark denim and with it being the run up to Summer I felt white was a little more seasonal. Plus I have a serious thing for clean, fresh white anything. So far I've been mainly wearing them with jeans and a casual jumper thrown on for running errands and I'm looking forward to styling them up over the next few months.
I'm also kicking myself for being so late to the trainer game. These babies are seriously comfy. I had to opt for half a size larger than I usually would but they fit pretty well and are a dream to walk in. It's like walking on little fluffy clouds. I'm yet to test them on a really long walk but I can already tell they're going to be a pleasure
Now the only challenge is keeping them clean!
No comments:
Post a Comment