Tuesday, January 7

Origins Merry Moisturisers gift set


So 2014 saw my first foray in to Origins skin care and I haven't looked back since. I've mentioned their Gin-zing moisturiser and their Drink up and Out of trouble  face masks before and they're all products which have become regular fixtures in my skin care routine. If you caught my What I got for Christmas post you'll have seen that I received a few new bits and pieces in a gift set and of course Origins didn't let me down
The gift set contained 4 products ; Make a Difference plus moisturiser, treatment lotion, hand cream and Drink up overnight mask which are aimed at covering all your moisturising needs. As I said earlier I already use the mask regularly but this is the first time I've used the other products and good old Origins has pulled it out of the bag once again
The moisturiser is just beautiful. Although I have an oily t-zone I sometimes get incredibly dehydrated skin and this has been providing the perfect bit of TLC over the last few weeks and has been helping my skin feel plumper and softer. I've been using it as a nighttime product ( although it can be used night or day) along side my Melvita oils and my skin has been lapping it up. It provides the perfect amount of hydration without being too heavy and making my skin feel greasy or oily and it feels so light and cooling when applied. It's currently shaping up to be the most amazing moisturiser for combination skin. So, so far so good.
In all honesty I'm not 100% sure exactly what the treatment lotion is supposed to do. On the bottle it says to use after cleansing to help prepare the skin for whatever is to follow next but it doesn't state whether to use it as a toner or along side a toner. I've personally  been using it as a toner in place of my beloved Pixi Glow tonic but I haven't seen any amazing results.Don't get me wrong, it hasn't made me break out or irritate my skin but so far it's definitely not a game changer and at the moment I feel like I could take it or leave it. I do however plan to keep using it and I'll keep you posted if any miracles happen!
The hand cream is probably the star of the show for me at the moment. I have stupidly dry hands during winter and this little tube has been accompanying me everywhere. It's the perfect consistency for a hand cream and a tiny bit leaves them lovely and soft and it sinks in in seconds. One of my New Year's resolutions was to stop neglecting my hands and this little tube of loveliness has definitely been a step in the right direction.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful set with incredible products! Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely arent they :) having a bit of an origins obsession at the moment!xxx

      Delete
  2. I saw this in Boots but decided not to go for it - I'm really kicking myself now! The Treatment is something I particularly want to try, shame it doesn't work all that well for you though x

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i did the same and really wished I'd got it after it went back up to full price. Luckily my mum got me one for Christmas haha. I'm going to stick with it for a bit and see how it works. I'm hoping it's one of those things that takes a while to get going & that I'll see some good results!x

      Delete
  3. Such a bargain, couldn't find this anywhere :(

    Charlotte| LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your rave reviews of Origins products I put some on my Crimbo list & YAY I got some :) I absolutely love the Drink Up-Intensive mask, it's amazing stuff.
    This looks such a good set.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh lovely! How nice of Santa. Glad you like it, it's so lovely isnt it?! got me hooked xx

      Delete
  5. Nice products!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try some more Origins products, I have heard such good things about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they have some gorgeous bits. Their out of trouble mask is gorgeous! I would really like to try some more too :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.