Monday, December 30

What I got for Christmas


Firstly, I apologise for the awful quality of these photographs.I didn't even consider doing a ' What I got for Christmas post' until today . I've actually quite enjoyed having a nosy at what everyone got this year and thought I'd jump on the blogging band wagon. I wanted to get this post done and out of the way before the New Year and I managed to miss the one hour of day light we had today ( it's seriously grim up North at the moment!), so cue hugely cranked up ISO and terribly grainy pictures. I also took the third photograph whilst balancing on one foot on my window-sil. Whether that's dedication or stupidity I'm not entirely sure but brownie points for trying right?

I was lucky enough to receive some really thoughtful gifts this year. I really tried not to ask for too many beauty related items because they're the sort of things I buy myself all year round but of course a few managed to sneak their way on to my Xmas list! My main bits from my parents were my new lens and the babyliss curl pro. I've already had a little play with my lens and I'm really impressed with it so far and I can't wait to get snapping away in the New Year. I've only used the curler once yet and that was Christmas day ( risky!!) but it's the best curler I've ever used and that's quite the statement considering I own eight or nine.... I also got a few bits of clothing ( clothes are always welcome seen as I massively neglect my wardrobe in favour of buying beauty bits), the traditional pair of Christmas PJ's, an origins gift set, some Neals Yard goodies, the cutest measuring cups and a few other beauty bits and bobs. I also got a lovely No7 powder brush as my table present when we had dinner.

From Guy's family I got PJ's, socks ( I'm probably way more grateful than most when it comes to receiving socks, I never seem to have enough socks so the more the merrier!). I also got a lovely cupcake recipe book, which I can't wait to use. I give it until February before my family and friends never want to see another cupcake again! They also got me a philosophy bubble bath, which is something else I'm a huge fan of and I can't wait for lots of lovely long baths.My favourite present was probably  an apple shaped chopping board, which probably doesn't sound all that exciting but there's a little story behind this present and it was such a thoughtful gift. I also got a little jewellery carrier which is something else I definitely needed. I travel to my parent's house, or to visit Guy quite often and I always just chuck my jewellery in the bottom of my bag, so now I have no excuse for being unorganised.

From Guy himself I was lucky enough to get a weekend in London and a meal at Gordon Ramsey's Petrus. We both love Hell's Kitchen so I thought this was really sweet of him. He also got me the Neal's Yard book, which has loads of yummy healthy recipes in and some easy ways to make some home made skin care bits, so I'm really excited to get stuck in with that. He also got me the secret santa, and santa bath bombs from lush, a new memory card for my camera and some salted caramel tea lights. He's also responsible for buying me the cake pop mould. I've wanted one of these for forever and I have a feeling I will be living off cake pops for the next few months. mmmmm! I was actually pretty impressed by his present choosing skills. Considering I hadn't actually asked for any of these things I think he chose really well!

Unfortunately some presents didn't make it in to these photos as I'd forgotten I'd stashed them away, ooops. A huge thank you needs to be given to everyone who put lots of thought in and made Christmas 2013 so lovely.

I hope you've all had an amazing Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year. Don't drink too much tomorrow night! ;) 
xx

5 comments:

  1. Such lovely presents! I got my Mum some of those little measuring cups, they're so cute! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost don't want to use them they're so cute!x

      Delete
  2. Lovely gifts - and can I just say how awesome the wrapping is too! I love the ribbons and tags - it's giving me ideas for next year that's for sure!

    Sarah :)
    Saloca in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree and presents look so gorgeous. Love all the bits and pieces you've posted up.

    Have a great 2014!
    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.